Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives

Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:02 PM   #1
lu0s3r322
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to lu0s3r322
Jobs forgot to show off iCal??

I was watching the keynote and when he demos the phone part of the iPhone he says he wants to show off the phone, photos, iCal, and SMS texting features. He goes thru the phone, then the sms texting and photos but I wonder why he didn't show off iCal features.
lu0s3r322 is offline   0
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:06 PM   #2
psycoswimmer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu0s3r322 View Post
I was watching the keynote and when he demos the phone part of the iPhone he says he wants to show off the phone, photos, iCal, and SMS texting features. He goes thru the phone, then the sms texting and photos but I wonder why he didn't show off iCal features.
Probably a time limit. He talked about the iPhone for a very long time as it is.
psycoswimmer is offline   0
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu0s3r322 View Post
Maybe because it is just a very simple, yet elegant app, that we already know petty well. I don't think you can innovate iCal a lot more.
But you never know, it's Apple we are talking about. Whatever Apple makes haves a mystery behind
66217 is offline   0
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Fearless Leader
macrumors 68020

Id say the time limit.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:14 PM   #5
BoyBach
macrumors 68040

Maybe it wasn't ready to be shown.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:43 PM   #6
ReanimationLP
macrumors 68030

It has been said that some of the buttons were just place-holders, maybe he goofed and then remembered that it was yet, a place-holder. The product is still deep in development.

Stuff for Sale :3
ReanimationLP is offline   0
Old Feb 11, 2007, 06:40 PM   #7
Stella
macrumors 603

That bit of functionality probably wasn't complete on the iPhone, or, SJ didn't think it was interesting enough to put into the keynote.

I can't imagine for one minute that Apple would ship the iPhone without an iCal application that syncs OSX <-> iPhone.

Last edited by Stella; Feb 11, 2007 at 09:27 PM.
Stella is offline   0
Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:06 PM   #8
dllavaneras
macrumors 68000

I'd say both time limit and a glitchy app.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:48 PM   #9
buffalo
macrumors 65816

This must've been cut before the Keynote, because I would think that there would be slides about iCal in the Keynote. It just doesn't seem like it would be because of time... I would think they would have practiced and known how long the speech would take beforehand.
buffalo is offline   0
Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:49 PM   #10
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

i was shocked how long he did spend on the iPhone.
BigPrince is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2007, 06:03 AM   #11
netdog
macrumors 603

It isn't like he has to finish at a certain time.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:38 AM   #12
mjstew33
macrumors 601

I think he does have to finish at a certain time, actually.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:42 AM   #13
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

Well there are sessions that start i think between 11-12, so you have a huge chunk of the people that would be missing out a session that may of paid well over 1k for.
BigPrince is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2007, 09:43 AM   #14
vincebio
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to vincebio Send a message via MSN to vincebio Send a message via Yahoo to vincebio Send a message via Skype™ to vincebio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
I don't think you can innovate iCal a lot more.

why do i get the feeling you will be eating those words at some point in the near future...

this is why apple are top class....they see things most people dont
Old Mar 9, 2007, 07:32 AM   #15
FunFred2007
macrumors newbie

Not Time Limit

From the hands-on reviews I have read, it was not a time limit. When they tried to go to the calendar app, it was simply an image of what it would look like. So that means it was too glitchy.
FunFred2007 is offline   0
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:59 AM   #16
OldManJimbo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to OldManJimbo Send a message via Yahoo to OldManJimbo Send a message via Skype™ to OldManJimbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
I don't think you can innovate iCal a lot more.
Sorry - but iCal is actually the Mac app I am least happy with. There is SO much more it could do.

Don't hear what I'm not saying - iCal does have some nice functions, but as someone who uses the calendar A LOT - I can come up with quite a few things I'd like to see it do:
  1. Better output choices for printing lists of activities
  2. More precise choices for alarms on tasks
  3. Ability to drag an event from the Day or Week view over to the little Month view and drop it on a certain date
  4. Ability to print a list from the sort/search function - so I can search for everything I did for a certain client and then print it out
  5. Ability to search for - and then print - a list of activities by calendar. So I can find and print out all the airline trips I took last year.
  6. On the Month view - the ability to scroll through more than just the one month that comes up. Helpful if I'm looking at a set of activities that span more than the single month.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:25 AM   #17
mattscott306
macrumors 68040

If iCal were to see an overhaul, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need used it for the first couple semesters of my college life to keep track of papers and whatnot, but the usability of it, I really didn't feel was that great. Maybe iLife '07 or Leopard will show iCal some love...

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives