Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:40 AM   #1
capoditutti
macrumors 6502

Linking & Syncing - Entourage/OSX Address Book

How can i use my OSX address book from within entourage?

Or is there some freeware that can sync the Entourage address book with the OSX one?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:54 AM   #2
iSaint
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to iSaint
iSync comes with OS X and is under the Applications folder. It will sync your Entourage contacts with Address Book. That's the only way to send contacts via Bluetooth (with the exception of emailing them).
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:00 AM   #3
capoditutti
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint View Post
iSync comes with OS X and is under the Applications folder. It will sync your Entourage contacts with Address Book. That's the only way to send contacts via Bluetooth (with the exception of emailing them).
Might sound a bit silly, but how do i do this?

to refresh, i'm trying to be able to use my OSX address book in Entourage, or at least be able to sync the two address books when i need to...
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:06 PM   #4
iSaint
macrumors 603

Entourage must be the one with the contacts. iSync syncs Address Book with Entourage.

However, I honestly can't tell you how I set it up. Open Entourage, Address Book, and iSync and see what happens. It may try to sync by itself. I'll keep looking and let you know what I find out.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:35 PM   #5
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoditutti View Post
How can i use my OSX address book from within entourage?
Or is there some freeware that can sync the Entourage address book with the OSX one?
If you're using Tiger and Entourage 11.2 or later, you can use OS X Sync Services to keep your Entourage address book in sync with Address Book. In Entourage, go to Entourage -> Preferences -> Sync Services, then select which items you want to sync. The first sync will take a few minutes, depending on how many items that need to be synced.

There's more information on the Entourage MVP website: Sync Services and Spotlight FAQs. (They bundled those FAQs together because we released Sync Service and Spotlight support in the same update.)

Regards,
Nadyne.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:52 PM   #6
iSaint
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadyne View Post
If you're using Tiger and Entourage 11.2 or later, you can use OS X Sync Services to keep your Entourage address book in sync with Address Book. In Entourage, go to Entourage -> Preferences -> Sync Services, then select which items you want to sync. The first sync will take a few minutes, depending on how many items that need to be synced.

There's more information on the Entourage MVP website: Sync Services and Spotlight FAQs. (They bundled those FAQs together because we released Sync Service and Spotlight support in the same update.)

Regards,
Nadyne.
You da man

or woman...!

Old Apr 2, 2007, 07:20 AM   #7
capoditutti
macrumors 6502

I thought i'd looked there already but i obviously missed it - thanks, that's excellent!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store