Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
hey all,

I need a new cell phone, and as much as it pains me, I'm just not going to be getting an iPhone (can't justify the dollars).

I've never had anything but the cheapest phones, and now I want something that at least has bluetooth to sync my address book.

One problem though is I'm running 10.3.9 and therefore iSync 1.5. According to this page from apple, there is a limited number of phones that will work. Checking this page from Cingular, none of their current offerings are supported by iSync 1.5.

What can I do? Does anyone have any experience with phones not officially supported by apple? Will later generations of a particular provider, say Sony-Erickson, work? Are there other syncing options besides iSync?

As I said, all I'm really needing is a good syncing solution. Camera and ability to upload my own ringtones would be cool too, though.

Thank you thank you thank you

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
later SE phones should work without a problem. I'd get the Sony W810i which I bought unlocked before Cingular started offering it. You can upload M4A or MP3 files to use as ringtones, and dump your phones camera pictures to your computer via bluetooth along with iCal, and Address Book. It works the same as my old T637 and that is on the 1.5 iSync list

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.