Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:32 PM   #1
super_kev
macrumors 6502

Interface Builder book?

I'm doing the user interface design and graphics for a small program, and I was curious if there are any good books on Interface Builder? For example, the basics of classes and such, and how to create custom views, scrollers, windows, and the like. I know that I will have to learn some code even though I'm not a "programmer" per say, but I wanted to know if there were any good IB resources geared for us UI/graphics guys?

Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 06:19 PM   #2
Catfish_Man
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Catfish_Man
Custom View: Drag custom view to window. Drag header file for your view class to the main IB window. Get info on your custom view, go to "custom class" and set it to your custom view class.

Scrollers: Click on the thing that needs to be in a scrollview, look around in the menu for "make subview of > scroll view".

Windows: Drag window where you want it from the palette.

IB is a relatively small tool. It's more likely to get a chapter than a book.
Catfish_Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Legolamb
macrumors 6502a

The Apple Guide to Interface Builder is a very concise and non-programmer friendly intro.
http://developer.apple.com/documenta...lder-date.html
Legolamb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming