Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mustard Chops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Hi Fellas, long time reader of the forums only just registered so go easy!

I had my Logic Board replaced on my MBP, following this repair I have been unable to stream any movies from my iMac to my MBP using iTunes. I keep all of my music and movies on my iMac on external drives. Music sharing still works fine but movies do not.

The weird thing is that ALL sharing functions still work on my G3 iMac and my wifes old Dell laptop.

I just tried to stream music using an sthernet connection to my MBP and it works a treat - so the issue must lie with the airport card in the MBP?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Cheers Guys!

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
What sort of issue are you running into? Do the movies not appear at all or are you getting dropped frames and/or no video?

If the movies aren't appearing, try this: Delete them all from your library (NOT your hard drive), and drag them all back in, one at a time, into your Movies portion of the library. They should now appear as shared.

Mustard Chops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
Thanks for replying Sir, the movie show up in my shared library. When I double click a movie I have zero network traffic showing on menu meters. Eventually the connecting dialog box closes....

If I try some music I get the connecting dialog box, throughput on menu meters and the track starts to play.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.