Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:00 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple TV Shipping in February as Promised?

Vnunet claims to have received a short statement from an Apple spokeswoman regarding the ship date for the Apple TV:

Quote:
"We're still planning to release Apple TV in February, as announced" she said.
The comment is triggered by a recent ThinkSecret report that the Apple TV had been pushed to the beginning of March.

The source of the confusion had been Apple's internal ship dates for Apple resellers to expect their Apple TV units. Indeed, Macworld.co.uk also claimed that they were told not to expect a review unit before March.

Early customers who placed online orders through the Apple Store are still being quoted a ship date "by February 28th".
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Telp
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Telp
prolly, weve already discussed the fact that the shipment date never changed...
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:05 PM   #3
bbydon
macrumors 6502a

The think secret report had always said "The first shipments of Apple TV to the company's retail stores have been pushed back to the beginning of March, Think Secret has learned."

Its everyone else who miss read it
bbydon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Clive At Five
macrumors 65816

This proves that Apple Inc reads rumor sites.

...then again, so did Steve's acknowledgement of accidentally leaked stats for the G5's premier.

*shrugs*

-Clive
Clive At Five is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:18 PM   #5
walexx
macrumors member

i hhave a friend who used to work for apple and he told me that they actually have a department that spends the whole day going thru rumour sites and the like seeing what people are saying.

I mean, talk about cheap market research. Whenever something is announced then everyone starts to whinge and whine about the product and its short comings. I guess this gives apple a good idea as to what features people want in things and what they think about the products.

With the high exposure apple now gets they need to know what people are thinking and what they require in products, and well, its always nice to know what people are saying about you .
walexx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:23 PM   #6
NewSc2
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by walexx View Post
i hhave a friend who used to work for apple and he told me that they actually have a department that spends the whole day going thru rumour sites and the like seeing what people are saying.

I mean, talk about cheap market research. Whenever something is announced then everyone starts to whinge and whine about the product and its short comings. I guess this gives apple a good idea as to what features people want in things and what they think about the products.

With the high exposure apple now gets they need to know what people are thinking and what they require in products, and well, its always nice to know what people are saying about you .
cant they just moderate their own Apple forums for whines and gripes? (and rumors/news)
NewSc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:28 PM   #7
trevorlsciact
macrumors regular

Quote:

Just imagine, one of us might be an undercover apple agent!
trevorlsciact is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:35 PM   #8
Kwill
macrumors 68000

tomAto, TOMaTO

Quote:
Early customers who placed online orders through the Apple Store are still being quoted a ship date "by February 28th".
Shipping the final day in February or the beginning of March. What's the difference? No one will actually receive one until March anyway.
Kwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:35 PM   #9
psycoswimmer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post
There could be someone from Apple lurking here right now as we speak!

On topic, that's good that the TV is going to ship as expected...
psycoswimmer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:36 PM   #10
Clive At Five
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post
It's him! Bag the Noob!

-Clive
Clive At Five is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:46 PM   #11
thirdwaver
macrumors member

Is it just me or is the difference between "Feb 28" and "The beginning of March" just a few days? Feb only has 28 days in it! Why does everyone think this is news? Are we that desperate for rumors? IMHO, This should be a page 3 or 4 post if those pages existed.
thirdwaver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:47 PM   #12
jonharris200
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Don't focus group members normally get paid? Hello, Apple?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:49 PM   #13
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwaver View Post
Is it just me or is the difference between "Feb 28" and "The beginning of March" just a few days? Feb only has 28 days in it! Why does everyone think this is news? Are we that desperate for rumors? IMHO, This should be a page 3 or 4 post if those pages existed.
hehehe

Page 3
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:52 PM   #14
EagerDragon
macrumors 68020

Quote:

In that case ..... Steve, fix the shuffle so it can autosync podcasts and audiobooks. Not cool how podcasts and audio books can not sync like music does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoswimmer View Post
There could be someone from Apple lurking here right now as we speak!

On topic, that's good that the TV is going to ship as expected...
I hope so, this is the best blog anyway, where else could they be?

Last edited by bousozoku; Feb 15, 2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: please use the multi-quote feature
EagerDragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:00 PM   #15
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerDragon View Post
I hope so, this is the best blog anyway, where else could they be?
off topic I know .Forgive me Mods...BUT this seems to tick me off for some reason.

How do you figure MacRumors is a BLOG?

arn doesn't come in here and give his daily thoughts,rants and pics.etc..

This is a Mac Community Discussion Board.And the best I might add.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:19 PM   #16
slffl
macrumors 65816

End of Feb vs beginning of March? What is that? Like 5 days? Geez.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:24 PM   #17
EagerDragon
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
off topic I know .Forgive me Mods...BUT this seems to tick me off for some reason.

How do you figure MacRumors is a BLOG?

arn doesn't come in here and give his daily thoughts,rants and pics.etc..

This is a Mac Community Discussion Board.And the best I might add.
Mea culpa ..... The best comunity Discussion Board, ever.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:41 PM   #18
surferfromuk
macrumors 65816

If people are going to make up junk news and tittle tattle can they at least speculate about something interesting..(like the rumored spreadsheet element of Iwork 7 - that sort of 'completes the 'office' replacement suite doesn't it!)
surferfromuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:53 PM   #19
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
well the sooner the better i guess, as long as it's right. looking forward to playing with one of these in an Apple Store
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:02 PM   #20
caccamolle
macrumors 6502

chief, got nothing these days I guess.

The first one, well, ok, that was another excuse to discuss a bit the product, but you are looking desperate !!!!
caccamolle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:28 PM   #21
MarcelV
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwaver View Post
Are we that desperate for rumors?
I just have one word for you: YES

Apple rumors, moderate dose of caffeine (read: lots of it), and one glass of red wine a day will help you getting old healthy......
MarcelV is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:43 PM   #22
psionic001
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerDragon View Post
Mea culpa ..... The best comunity Discussion Board, ever.
I still don't get how a short story like this gets negative scores!. Can someone explain? Or is that just the secret MS operatives from the dedicated dept at MS which are tasked to watch these forums too.
psionic001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:48 PM   #23
Cybergypsy
Banned

Can't wait!
Cybergypsy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:58 PM   #24
Whistleway
macrumors 6502

Seriously, who cares about it. It is deemed to be a flop at least this version.
Whistleway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:08 PM   #25
zap2
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistleway View Post
Seriously, who cares about it. It is deemed to be a flop at least this version.
I'm bet that almost everyone who bought it cares.

As for it flopping, go look at the thread about the iPod when Jobs first released it.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion