Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Video iPod or AppleTV

• Video iPod, want to watch video on-the-go!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • AppleTV, iPod screens are too small!

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Both, AppleTV and Video iPod, you silly boy...

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Old School, use a Walkman and a Betamax...

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • What's an iPod?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I had an AppleTV on order, but cancelled. I decided that I really want to use the money for a Widescreen iPod (if that ever happends). I use DVDs while at home. I do download all the free shows from iTunes to watch, as well as any shows I really want now commercial-free or miss recording... I just hook my iPod via S-Video...

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
Apple TV for me (although I already have a 60gig iPod). My dream is to have all my movies and TV shows ripped and never have to touch another disc in my life...

Steve

net26

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
the new ipods are not only for watching videos on the go, mine performs exceptionally well connected to my tv (it's not HD mind you, but i once tried on a 42' plasma screen and from 6ft away it looked quite perfect)

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Apple TV for me (although I already have a 60gig iPod). My dream is to have all my movies and TV shows ripped and never have to touch another disc in my life...

Steve

I did that with my CDs. 1400 CDs out the door. No more clutter and I play my music much more as it is much more accessible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.