Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:32 AM   #1
amyng
macrumors newbie

Exclamation macbook screen issue--enlarged screen

I have a white 2.0 Macbook Core 2 Duo, and I've had it for a month now. The machine is great, but there is an issue with the screen; if I typed in something too fast in Firefox (or maybe pressed a few buttons together), and the whole screen enlarges out of the screen real estate (including the desktop area) which moves around with the mouse. The text is also a little blurry due to the enlargement. This only happened about 3 times, but I'm not sure if this is anything major.

I'll be sure to get a screenshot the next time, but can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Amy
amyng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:42 AM   #2
beefy23
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to beefy23
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyng View Post
I have a white 2.0 Macbook Core 2 Duo, and I've had it for a month now. The machine is great, but there is an issue with the screen; if I typed in something too fast in Firefox (or maybe pressed a few buttons together), and the whole screen enlarges out of the screen real estate (including the desktop area) which moves around with the mouse. The text is also a little blurry due to the enlargement. This only happened about 3 times, but I'm not sure if this is anything major.

I'll be sure to get a screenshot the next time, but can anyone tell me what's the problem?

Amy
Looks like you have the zoom function enabled - look under System Preferences-> Universal Access-> Zoom.

Works with the keyboard combo Cmd-Opt 8. Can be zoomed in using the Cmd-Opt and (+ or -) keys
beefy23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:42 AM   #3
emotion
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyng View Post

Sounds like you triggered Expose by accident by mashing the keyboard.
emotion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:44 AM   #4
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
Sounds like you triggered Expose by accident by mashing the keyboard.
No - it's either what beefy23 said, or accidental zooming via control-scrolling.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:48 AM   #5
emotion
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw View Post
No - it's either what beefy23 said, or accidental zooming via control-scrolling.

Just turned the option on and tried it. Yes it does.
emotion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 02:35 AM   #6
amyng
macrumors newbie

Wow, thanks! That fixed it. I'll know what to do the next time it's triggered.

Once again, thanks guys!

Amy
amyng is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro