Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,

4x today, Firefox typing just froze. I could move from screen to screen, but couldn't type anything. I could bring up Safari and type there, but until I closed Firefox and reopened it, I couldn't type on any page in Firefox. Primarily, I use GMail and was totally locked out of composing or responding. Also, on a Disney page, I couldn't type either, so it wasn't just GMail.

Thanks.

Frank

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i didn't actually see a question in there. as far as i'm concerned, Firefox is the worst browser for Macs available today. i suggest switching to Safari or at least use Camino.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
for input loss events, most ppl suggest u move focus out of firefox window (like click the desktop), then move focus back to firefox, u should be able to input then.

everybody has their own opinion, so u can give safari a try, see if u like it. altho its a no-go for me (lack of too many extensions i need), but u might actually like it, who knows.

i didn't actually see a question in there. as far as i'm concerned, Firefox is the worst browser for Macs available today. i suggest switching to Safari or at least use Camino.
Lol, u actually answered a question when u don't see a question.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Firefox just crashed a few mins ago for me and I downloaded the newest version that just came out.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
i am not sure it's a firefox thing, but in the last few days i have start experiencing system freezes, which had never happened in maybe two years of use. the last few times it happened i know FF was running.
everything gets frozen, force quit won't respond and I have to reboot.
i am running 10.3.9

anyone is experiencing similar problems?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i am not sure it's a firefox thing, but in the last few days i have start experiencing system freezes, which had never happened in maybe two years of use. the last few times it happened i know FF was running.
everything gets frozen, force quit won't respond and I have to reboot.
i am running 10.3.9

anyone is experiencing similar problems?

did u try verify disk?

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
I've had zero problems w/Firefox. Your problems may be related to buggy extensions. Quoting Mozilla.com:

"Poorly designed or incompatible extensions can cause problems with your browser, including make it crash, slow down page display, etc. If you encounter strange problems relating to parts of the browser no longer working, the browser not starting, windows with strange or distorted appearance, degraded performance, etc, you may be suffering from Extension or Theme trouble."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.