Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megaclaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I bought a brand new mbp 15--the firmware is up-to-date. i installed xp sp2, and about 1 out of every 3 times i boot up into windows, it freezes and i'm forced to just shutdown the notebook. mac os x boots consistently, so i'm thinking one of my windows drivers is not working. sometimes, it seems like the first boot to windows is the problem, and then the second, third, fourth, etc. boots have no problem.

anyone have any advice? i love my new mac, but unfortunately need windows too.

Nitromaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Ireland.
Wirelessly posted (NokiaN70-1/2.0539.1.2/SN359380002126483 Series60/2.8 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Your problem is thats its windows.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I bought a brand new mbp 15--the firmware is up-to-date. i installed xp sp2, and about 1 out of every 3 times i boot up into windows, it freezes and i'm forced to just shutdown the notebook. mac os x boots consistently, so i'm thinking one of my windows drivers is not working. sometimes, it seems like the first boot to windows is the problem, and then the second, third, fourth, etc. boots have no problem.

anyone have any advice? i love my new mac, but unfortunately need windows too.
First thing to check is your Boot Camp version. I'd highly recommend updating if there's a newer version available. After you've tried that, try reinstalling the Apple-supplied drivers. One of them may have become corrupted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.