Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:08 PM   #1
ckeck
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to ckeck Send a message via AIM to ckeck
iCal Problems

Does anyone know how I can completely "reset" iCal?

For some reason it seems to have corrupted. I cannot see my Calendar groups anymore nor can I create new tasks or events. Not sure what caused this...

Anyway to just reset everything so I can use iCal again? I can live without the old data...but I need my calendar
ckeck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:30 PM   #2
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

My iCal is screwed up too.

None of the times show up. It jut says SatAM and SatPM for everywhere there should be a time .
BigPrince is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:36 AM   #3
skybolt
macrumors 6502a

I had some bizarre iCal probs a short while ago, and a call to Applecare fixed it. It was a corrupted sync with iDisk. The tech had me "reset" the sync devices (under the Advancec menu, I think -- notat the mac right now), and that fixed it. Maybe you have a similar situation?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:43 AM   #4
bobcan
macrumors 6502a

iCal Opens and then Closes almost immediately

I too have somehow developed iCal issues lately; mine Opens and then almost immediately will Close and want to sent report to Apple... Impossible to View and Update, etc...

I would like to know if I can Reinstall/ Repair this without losing my Calendar Events... would be nice to keep them in place; from another Area I have about Pacifist as a Program to possibly Extract Files from Original Apple Discs... Is this perhaps my way to go?? Any Help greatly appreciated here... Thanks and keep up the Good Work All!!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:24 AM   #5
skybolt
macrumors 6502a

The problem I was having was the same as bobcan's -- immediately shutting down. The fix was to reset all devices. worked like a charm. I think it was in the iSync preferences menu, but can't remember, and not at the mac right now. good luck!

Last edited by skybolt; Jun 21, 2007 at 04:25 PM.
skybolt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:23 PM   #6
B3@k3r
macrumors newbie

Seems to be similar to my issue, as well.

With my iCal issue, I cannot see any of my calendars (left hand column), and I can't see any events in any days, unless I switch between viewing modes (daily to weekly or monthly, or monthly to weekly...etc.). I know all the events are still in iCal...somewhere.

The resetting of iSync (under Preferences:Advanced as previously discussed) did not resolve the issue.

Any one else have a similar situation? Or, better yet, does anyone have any ideas about a solution?
B3@k3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:44 PM   #7
rj5620
macrumors newbie

iCal does not show the times next to the day, does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA

Richard
rj5620 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:23 PM   #8
andiwm2003
macrumors 601

my ical problems: when i try to sync (push doesn't work anyway with ical for me) with mobileme it says "because the calendar data are inconsistent i should verify the data on my computer and replace the mobile me data in 'system preferences/sync/advanced/reset data'". but of course if i do that it leads to exactly the same message again

i think the mobileme web based calendar is somehow screwed up because: i put a appointment in calendar on my iphone and it pushes to the mobile me webapp. but it's only visible in the month view, it's not there in the week or day view

it never syncs the calendar from the cloud to any of my two macs. and manual sync leads to the above mentioned message.

i had my calendar published. when i tried to unpublish it it would republish itself within 15 min. i tried 100 time to unpublish. then i restored my calendar from an old backup before i published it and now that is at least solved.

btw: my email sometimes works with push like a charm, sometimes it simply doesn't push and i have to refresh mail on my iphone to get the data from the cloud (all from the @me.com mail account).

so i think there is something wrong on the server side. anybody has similar behavior of ical and knows a fix?

btw: everything worked fine (with lots of downtime and some sync mistakes though) for 4 years in .mac.
andiwm2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X