Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:37 AM   #1
joecool85
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to joecool85
Trouble with webcam cache

I set up a driveway webcam, http://webcam.thatraymond.com

The issue is that, in Safari, it won't reload a new updated image, it just keeps reloading the old one out of the cache. I know because if I manually empty the cache it works (once) on it's own. The page loads fine in IE6 and 7 on PCs, and FireFox on both PC and Mac. It seems to be just an issue with Safari. Any ideas?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:54 AM   #2
psychofreak
Retired

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17776

Try using this to disable the cache...
psychofreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 08:35 AM   #3
joecool85
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to joecool85
Well, while that might work, I was hoping I could find a solution so that anyone coming onto the page would be able to view it properly rather than make them download something for their browser to make it compliant with my site. I hadn't mentioned, but its not just for me to look at. My landlord was pretty interested when I told him about it, so I want to make sure it will load on his machine.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming