Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rmpl

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
Hi. I want to use apple mail to check my gmail. I searched and found how to do this but the instructions involve going into "Preferences" in Apple Mail and I can't do that because it's the first time I've used the program and it runs the wizard every time I start it. I can't get through the wizard and I don't know how to bypass it. Anyone?:confused:

srexy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2006
I was in the same boat recently when I wanted to set Entourage as my default mail handler.

I didn't find a bypass - I simply went through the wizard using the old asldjf@a;lsdjf.com and pop.apodj.com etc ploy to finish it up. It threw a fit when it tried to connect but gave up eventually and I was able to configure Entourage as the hander. You should be able to do this and then delete the bogus account.

I've subsequently switched to Mail...

Rmpl

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2007
Thanks. I could have figured that out if I had just paid attention. When it fails to connect I didn't notice that you could continue anyway. Anyway, thanks. This works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.