Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethan101

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
whats the most interesting thing your mb/mbp can do? whether it is a awsome program you use or just something that you feel not every ones knows about these sweet little machines?

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Actually it really annoys me having that logo slapped on my laptop. I've already paid Apple enough money without advertising their product for free.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
not on my macbook, but awhile back my ibook would start itself up every morning and launch itunes to wake me up. beats having an alarm clock.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Well I did have mine trained to make me waffles and fresh OJ for breakfast every morning, but do to it's lack of hands it always got tons of batter and pulp in the keyboard. And quite frankly after spending 2 - 3 hours cleaning it up I realized it would be better to simply make the waffles and OJ myself.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Actually it really annoys me having that logo slapped on my laptop. I've already paid Apple enough money without advertising their product for free.

Does your car and TV also annoy you, since they most likely have been branded by their manufacturer also?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
can the macbook do this?

why, yes, it can. you can set specific startup and shut down times for your computer in the energy saver preference, and you can specify apps or files (like an itunes song) to launch at login in the accounts preference pane in system prefs.

phidauex

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2007
I used my MB to remotely negotiate a business deal that might make me my first (and second) million. Thank iSight and Skype for that one. I also created all the financial spreadsheets on it, and I run most of the business off it.

I'd say thats a pretty cool thing for a MB to do. :)

peace,
sam

Collin973

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2006
The coolest thing I get to do with my mbp happens everyday: Not having to boot windows xp :p

It also does many other things...like work, school work, check the price of light sweet crude oil, etc etc...

And I love the glowing apple. It serves two purposes:
1.) It shows "others" that apples are sweet looking machines
2.) It automatically distinguishes who does (or doesn't) have viruses, spyware, malware, oh wait...i can just some it up with "Windows"

>CM<

2tallyAwesome

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2007
The coolest little thing I use on a daily basis is the screen zoom feature.

(ctrl + 2 fingers on the track pad)

I use that ALL THE TIME....love it.

kkarb

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2007
Washington
The coolest little thing I use on a daily basis is the screen zoom feature.

(ctrl + 2 fingers on the track pad)

I use that ALL THE TIME....love it.
Whoa! I had no idea it could do that...:eek: Well that's kind of embarassing, actually, but still, that is really awesome. Is that only possible with a trackpad, or can you use a mouse also?

Woo!:apple: !

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
How can I use my mouse for the zoom feature? I have a generic two-button USB mouse. Thanks!

I don't know if your mouse have that feature, I use a wired Mighty Mouse. I hold down control and scroll with my mouse. The setup is in the picture attached. At the bottom, "Zoom using scroll ball while holding...". Hope it works for you. :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.