Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:00 AM   #1
cblackburn
macrumors regular

Calling all people with an Xserve (G5 or Intel)

Hi al,

My company is looking at the option of havig an xserve colocated in a datacentre to provide our application. However there is one caveat, power cosumption. Most of the proiders I have looked at offer a maximum of 1A of power to the box. Now on apples hardware page it lists the xserve as requiring 600ish watts which at 230VAC is 2.6A.

Can anyone with an xserve please give some real world values for how much current their xserve is drawing for a particular configuration (I think you can obtain this value from the management software)?

Thanks

Chris
cblackburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking