Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amac86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Hello. I've noticed that many people have been having trouble with the new itunes update 7.1. I just updated today, and without warning, the program shuts down about a minute after I open it. I've tried restarting and I have also reinstalled the program, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on how to get itunes to run?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What sort of machine and system are you running? Do you have any iTunes-related plug ins or hacks? How exactly did you perform the reinstall? :)

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
iTunes crashes on me as well. It won't display anything in my library, nor will it let me preview songs on the iTunes store. This 7.1 update has just fked up my favorite app

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If you're on a Mac, then create a new user account and see if the problem carries over. If it doesn't then the problem is clearly something in your Home folder on the original account. :)

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
I have tried repairing permissions, I have tried using iTunes on other accounts and the problem persists. Guess it is time to re-install?

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
I reinstalled iTunes and it fixed the problem temporarily. Just this morning I started it up and what do you know? It doesn't work again! :)

Yes I have a script that capitalizes tracks and I do have UNO but it is not being used at the moment. I also have another little script that makes audiobooks show up under the audiobooks section when using my iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.