Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Mar 22, 2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Littleodie914
macrumors 68000

Finding the size of an NSArrayController?

Hey guys, pretty simple question, I've got an NSArrayController, and I'm trying to somehow get the size of it. Right now I'm trying:

[[stepsController arrangedObjects] count]

But it's returning 0. Any ideas? Thanks!
Littleodie914 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:47 AM   #2
HiRez
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleodie914 View Post
Hey guys, pretty simple question, I've got an NSArrayController, and I'm trying to somehow get the size of it. Right now I'm trying:

[[stepsController arrangedObjects] count]

But it's returning 0. Any ideas? Thanks!
Dunno, seems like that should work, and I'm pretty sure I'm using exactly that code in one of my projects. Are you absolutely certain you have more than 0 objects being controlled by the controller? Are you maybe using Core Data (where "count" possibly doesn't reflect objects that haven't been fetched from the data store yet)?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRez View Post
Dunno, seems like that should work, and I'm pretty sure I'm using exactly that code in one of my projects. Are you absolutely certain you have more than 0 objects being controlled by the controller? Are you maybe using Core Data (where "count" possibly doesn't reflect objects that haven't been fetched from the data store yet)?
Thats what I use too... Try checking the filter predicate is nil, then if it's still nil fetch the objects from the data store (Core Data only), see the following code.
Code:
	[arrayController setFilterPredicate:nil];
	if([[arrayController arrangedObjects] count]==0){
		//NSLog(@"no objects");//may be worth uncommenting this.
		[arrayController addObjects:[mObjC executeFetchRequest:[model fetchRequestFromTemplateWithName:@"yourObject"  substitutionVariables:[NSDictionary dictionary]]
															 error:nil]];
	}
EDIT: mObjC is the managedObjectContext and model is the managedObjectModel

Last edited by Eraserhead; Mar 23, 2007 at 06:21 AM.
Eraserhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming