macrumors 6502

DVD Player support on Apple TV?

Will my DVDs run on it?
plunar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 08:31 AM   #2
joserpaq
macrumors member

Not directly

You can't steam a dvd from the the mac to the apple tv. You need to rip the dvd's first and then drop it into itunes.
joserpaq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 09:13 AM   #3
Stylez
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joserpaq View Post
You can't steam a dvd from the the mac to the apple tv. You need to rip the dvd's first and then drop it into itunes.
and evn more importantly, you need to rip it to a codec that apple tv accepts (read: what itunes accepts. allthough renaming the container to .mov works in itunes, not on apple tv according to some users)
Stylez is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater