Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:45 AM   #1
princealfie
macrumors 68030

Send a message via Yahoo to princealfie
Apple TV and Wii: both easy to use!

I think that most people miss the point of Apple TV. A lot of naysayer tech head nerds condemn the Apple TV as being a crippled Mac Mini. But they are completely different products!

In fact, I would tend to compare the Apple TV more to the Wii. Both machines are geared to a broader audience than the more specialized people who will use the computer or the fancy schmaltzy PS3.

Winning points by far for me.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:00 PM   #2
clevin
macrumors G3

there is no denial its easy, only problem is its functions are kinda too limited and not that useful if u really think about it. (I would love it if it accept all formats of videos and not limited to itunes and with a price tag of <$100.)

I would never consider this stuff as a mac mini in any form, way too different, and I agree ppl should stop expecting any gadgets from apple as a "computer in some form", its crazy to think so all the time.
clevin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:16 AM   #3
NicP
macrumors 6502

It would be great if either the wii or the appleTV could play DVDs, then an appleTV a wii and a nice LCD/plasma would make a simple but effective entertainment center.
NicP is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater