Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)

Old Aug 15, 2001, 10:03 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Screenshots of the latest Adobe Illustrator 10 for OS X have been posted.

As well... Black & White will be published for the Mac.

Oh... and the Dual 800's are shipping.... xlr8yourmac posted Altivec Fractal Demo scores from the duals... and I personally received confirmation of shipment of my personal Dual 800.
MacRumors is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2001, 10:06 PM   #2
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to MrMacMan
DAmn

Black & White is coming out for the mac. Damn. Illustrator is good news. And Dual 800 we knew where shipping.
MrMacMan is offline   0
Old Aug 16, 2001, 01:38 PM   #3

Hey, anyone notice the Application Menu has made a reappearance at the top right in those Illustrator screenshots? Is that a 10.1 thang, or what? I hope it is... I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they got rid of _that_...
Old Aug 16, 2001, 01:43 PM   #4
john123
macrumors 68000

nope

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
Hey, anyone notice the Application Menu has made a reappearance at the top right in those Illustrator screenshots? Is that a 10.1 thang, or what? I hope it is... I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they got rid of _that_...
It's not a 10.1 thing -- at least not as of 5F24. There are some third-party apps you can get that re-add the application menu...
john123 is offline   0
Old Aug 16, 2001, 02:16 PM   #5
serpicolugnut
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to serpicolugnut
It's ASM, as in Application Switcher Menu. It's a free utility that works great. Check it out at versiontracker.com.

I wish Apple would add it back to OS X, but they aren't going to. They feel it conflicts with trying to get users to use the dock as a switcher...
Old Aug 16, 2001, 03:15 PM   #6

Question B&W for OS X?

Any word on whether Black&White will run on OS X? Nothing at that link confirms or denies it (it just says "8.6 or higher"). Is it Carbon, or not?
Old Aug 16, 2001, 09:38 PM   #7
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Omni Group =

Carbon, enless they make in for 9.0 and then RErelease it for 10. Of coarse that would make no sense.
MrMacMan is offline   0
Old Aug 17, 2001, 02:31 AM   #8
Kela
macrumors 6502

Red face MY POST WAS DELETED!!!

I badmouthed BLACK AND WHITE AND the Sysops deleted my POST!! WHY I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!!
Kela is offline   0
Old Aug 17, 2001, 04:38 AM   #9
Pants

Re: MY POST WAS DELETED!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kela
I badmouthed BLACK AND WHITE AND the Sysops deleted my POST!! WHY I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!!
because you are a fool?

Old Aug 17, 2001, 04:49 AM   #10
Kela
macrumors 6502

Red face ok.

okkkaayy....its like.........um, a guest is like telling me that "moi" is a fool? don't go there girlfriend.
Kela is offline   0
Old Aug 17, 2001, 02:32 PM   #11
Pants

Re: ok.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kela
okkkaayy....its like.........um, a guest is like telling me that "moi" is a fool? don't go there girlfriend.

oh whys that baby? is it because its true?

I mean, you do seem to have a habit of 'posting first thinking later'.

Old Aug 17, 2001, 08:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by serpicolugnut
It's ASM, as in Application Switcher Menu. It's a free utility that works great. Check it out at versiontracker.com.
Cool, thx for the link, I'll try this out.

Quote:
I wish Apple would add it back to OS X, but they aren't going to. They feel it conflicts with trying to get users to use the dock as a switcher...
Typical Apple boneheadedness :P. Users should be able to use what they want, especially for such a distinctively useful UI element as this one. Ahh well...
Old Aug 20, 2001, 08:48 PM   #13
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Note to pants, become a Friggen member so I can e-mail you. You are soooo Wrong I can't begin to start. There are rules.
MrMacMan is offline   0
Old Sep 3, 2001, 09:38 PM   #14
Stryker
macrumors member

Question What OS9 Extensions Are NOT Needed in OS X classic mode?

Can someone please explain how the whole classic thing REALLY works? I.E., if I use NetBarrier and Norton Antivirus and TechTools Pro extensions, etc. in OS9, do I need them under Classic mode in OSX? Will they even work? Does OSX's firewall, for example, make NetBarrier unnecessary or do I still need it to protect Classic side? I am trying to learn how Classic truly interacts with OS X.
Stryker is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)