Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Adoni
macrumors newbie

Apple Tellie off or how this Fargin' Bastage is in heat

So I turn this sonAmonAbatch off, the iMac is sleeping with iTunes off.

Now I come home to a red light beaming from the optical digital audio port and the TV is warm as all hell and then some.

What's the deal, am I turning this thing off the right way or am I NOT "turning it on", hence the "I aint had some in a while" red hate?
Adoni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:21 PM   #2
GimmeSlack12
macrumors 603

Hahaha, what language are you speaking?

Turn your TV on, and shut down the TV through the interface.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:23 PM   #3
TheAnswer
macrumors 68030

As I understand it, you can put the tv into standby mode by holding down the play button on the remote (much as you would do with the iPod).

Can't really understand the iMac part of the question. Could you be more clear on the problem there?
TheAnswer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:28 PM   #4
Adoni
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeSlack12 View Post
Hahaha, what language are you speaking?

Turn your TV on, and shut down the TV through the interface.
I am speakin' in an extremely stereotypical AAAYtalian Johnny of the Phackin' dangerously clan mixed in with a very GREEN and oh so new MAC user that decided to purchase one of these here thingies.

So, if you can be so kind as to giving me a quick "how to shut this sonAmonAbatch off" it would turn out to be nice you...
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:30 PM   #5
Adoni
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
As I understand it, you can put the tv into standby mode by holding down the play button on the remote (much as you would do with the iPod).

Can't really understand the iMac part of the question. Could you be more clear on the problem there?
I put it on standby as you said above, but the machine heats up regardless... the reason I mention the iMac is because the TV will turn on when changes are made to iTunes so I wanted to be clear that iTunes was off.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:40 PM   #6
n-abounds
macrumors 6502a

there should be a newbie filter that doesn't allow people like this

n-abounds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 07:51 PM   #7
Adoni
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-abounds View Post
there should be a newbie filter that doesn't allow people like this

There should also be a filter that doesn't allow you to prevent newbies from asking "people like this" questions.

You have an issue with my humor/questions, simple resolution, don't reply. How do you like dem "Apples".

The reason, I hope, a forum like this has newbies is because they are just THAT, new to Mac.

Now I see your answer didn't help me much, but it did give me a chance to use that Apple line I've been wanting to for a while now.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:14 PM   #8
acearchie
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoni View Post
There should also be a filter that doesn't allow you to prevent newbies from asking "people like this" questions.

You have an issue with my humor/questions, simple resolution, don't reply. How do you like dem "Apples".

The reason, I hope, a forum like this has newbies is because they are just THAT, new to Mac.

Now I see your answer didn't help me much, but it did give me a chance to use that Apple line I've been wanting to for a while now.
Well if your talking about shutting off your iMac youll be wanting to go apple (Top left in the menu bar) then second last! ShutDown...

Helpful?
acearchie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:52 PM   #9
jhershauer
macrumors member

Mine is the same way. As far as I can tell, all putting it in standby does is stop it from sending anything to the TV. It doesn't appear to go into a "sleep" mode like you would have with a laptop.

Like you, I made sure it wasn't trying to sync with the parent iMac. I shut down iTunes on that machine.

Not sure this helps any, but at least you know you're not the only one with a combo Media-center and full time hotplate.

Jeff

Quote:
I put it on standby as you said above, but the machine heats up regardless... the reason I mention the iMac is because the TV will turn on when changes are made to iTunes so I wanted to be clear that iTunes was off.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:21 AM   #10
Adoni
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhershauer View Post
Mine is the same way. As far as I can tell, all putting it in standby does is stop it from sending anything to the TV. It doesn't appear to go into a "sleep" mode like you would have with a laptop.

Like you, I made sure it wasn't trying to sync with the parent iMac. I shut down iTunes on that machine.

Not sure this helps any, but at least you know you're not the only one with a combo Media-center and full time hotplate.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I guess it's made to be toasty.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:40 AM   #11
Diode
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Diode
Quote:
Thanks Jeff, I guess it's made to be toasty.
You have it on top of anything? Or have anything on top of the atv?
Diode is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:51 AM   #12
Adoni
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
You have it on top of anything? Or have anything on top of the atv?
nope.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater