Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephaniem99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
santa cruz, ca
My MacBook won't burn my cd's from itunes..it spits the blanks back out, saying "unable to recover or retry" and sometimes when it starts to burn it stops, spits and says "medium write error".. what do I do? It has been happening for about 2 months and my computer is only 8 months old. I don't know very many details about my computer and if anyone is willing to help, I can answer questions about it if I know where to find them. I am a little computer-retarded so anyone with patience is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!! -Stephanie

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
My MacBook won't burn my cd's from itunes..it spits the blanks back out, saying "unable to recover or retry" and sometimes when it starts to burn it stops, spits and says "medium write error".. what do I do? It has been happening for about 2 months and my computer is only 8 months old. I don't know very many details about my computer and if anyone is willing to help, I can answer questions about it if I know where to find them. I am a little computer-retarded so anyone with patience is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!! -Stephanie

If it is doing this consistently, I'd recommend either calling Apple or setting up an appointment with a local Apple Store to help you get the issue resolved, because (to me at least) it sounds like a problem with the SuperDrive.

stephaniem99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
santa cruz, ca
The problems started a few months ago and I hadn't switched the brand. I think I will take her in to Apple because I'm having that battery problem everyone else is with their MacBooks as well. Thanks, guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.