Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Mar 27, 2007, 06:10 AM   #1
GlynJones
macrumors 6502

Netgear DG834N and Apple TV

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Netgear DG834N will talk with Apple TV using the n (draft) standard or not.

I'm considering this as I need a wireless router that is also has a built in ADSL modem which the new Airport does not.

Thanks.

Glyn.
GlynJones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 07:04 AM   #2
Piarco
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynJones View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Netgear DG834N will talk with Apple TV using the n (draft) standard or not.

I'm considering this as I need a wireless router that is also has a built in ADSL modem which the new Airport does not.

Thanks.

Glyn.
I've got the DG834N so as soon as my aTV arrives this week I'll be able to let you know!
I've had some issues with it and my MBP so far though - even as far as it causing system hangs. Definitely the router as my old router had no such issues and nothing has changed. Plus my xbox 360 still can't see it despite my MBP and my housemates work Windows laptop being able to see it just fine... so the jury is still out on whether it was a good purchase or not.

My aTV should be arriving on the 29th according to my account page...
Piarco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 04:55 AM   #3
Piarco
macrumors 68030

My TV turned up yesterday, and it's working with the DG834N with no problems. Paired up easily.

The only issue I have is the fact my iTunes library is stored on a NAS - music and music videos play great, but the films I've ripped (fairly high quality rips TBH) require buffering every 30 sec or so. Looks like I'll be moving them to a simple external USB drive to get them flowing like they should...
Piarco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 10:57 PM   #4
haoqfu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarco View Post
My TV turned up yesterday, and it's working with the DG834N with no problems. Paired up easily.

The only issue I have is the fact my iTunes library is stored on a NAS - music and music videos play great, but the films I've ripped (fairly high quality rips TBH) require buffering every 30 sec or so. Looks like I'll be moving them to a simple external USB drive to get them flowing like they should...
Hi, I'm thinking of getting the same modem for my dsl connection. is it stable? how is real world transfer speed? and are you using this modem in europe or north amerca? Thanks a lot!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater