Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlynJones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Netgear DG834N will talk with Apple TV using the n (draft) standard or not.

I'm considering this as I need a wireless router that is also has a built in ADSL modem which the new Airport does not.

Thanks.

Glyn.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Netgear DG834N will talk with Apple TV using the n (draft) standard or not.

I'm considering this as I need a wireless router that is also has a built in ADSL modem which the new Airport does not.

Thanks.

Glyn.

I've got the DG834N so as soon as my aTV arrives this week I'll be able to let you know!
I've had some issues with it and my MBP so far though - even as far as it causing system hangs. Definitely the router as my old router had no such issues and nothing has changed. Plus my xbox 360 still can't see it despite my MBP and my housemates work Windows laptop being able to see it just fine... so the jury is still out on whether it was a good purchase or not.

My aTV should be arriving on the 29th according to my account page...

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
My :apple:TV turned up yesterday, and it's working with the DG834N with no problems. Paired up easily.

The only issue I have is the fact my iTunes library is stored on a NAS - music and music videos play great, but the films I've ripped (fairly high quality rips TBH) require buffering every 30 sec or so. Looks like I'll be moving them to a simple external USB drive to get them flowing like they should... :rolleyes:

haoqfu

Cancelled
Aug 29, 2006
My :apple:TV turned up yesterday, and it's working with the DG834N with no problems. Paired up easily.

The only issue I have is the fact my iTunes library is stored on a NAS - music and music videos play great, but the films I've ripped (fairly high quality rips TBH) require buffering every 30 sec or so. Looks like I'll be moving them to a simple external USB drive to get them flowing like they should... :rolleyes:

Hi, I'm thinking of getting the same modem for my dsl connection. is it stable? how is real world transfer speed? and are you using this modem in europe or north amerca? Thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.