Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Hi Everybody,

I am a student at the University of Surrey, in the UK, and as part of my Final Year Dissertation I am looking at how new technology is purchased and what motives are behind it. I have created a questionnaire and would be very grateful if you could compete it, it is less than 10 very simple questions!

http://www.freesurveysonline.com/fso/AskSurvey.fso?Survey=10678&CheckID=9310

Thanks everybody, Tek

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I've done it, too.

Note: It's a little ironic that "accurately" isn't spelled correctly in your beginning blurb. :p

:edit: I hit submit but it's taking awhile to go through... :confused:

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Wow! Thanks everybody so far! Thats really good of you, I think I have corrected my spelling mistake - my excuse is I don't do English as my degree! haha!

Again, thank you all!

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
for question number 4, you might not get the answers you were looking for this, just because most ppl here are buying w/ brand loyalty

done.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
Not that it's any concern to me, but I think you have have a grammar error...

With new technology product that excite me I will try to purchase the product within the first....?

should be either: "with new technology products that excites me..."
or: "with a new technology product that excites me..."

sorry, just trying to be helpful.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
done,

in regards to the last question i would by BluRay because that is what i think is the best format.

Poseidon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2007
Coralville, IA
Done...

Now since we've been so kind as to be your lab rats, can you tell how you'll be using those survey results?

(Good luck with your Defense by the way)

:)

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Hey again all!

Thanks to to the others of you who have taken part, really good of you! Its gonna be open a week or so longer as I am trying to get some other forums etc. involved!

Will let you all know the results once its over, this part of my research is looking into what motivates early-adopters of new technology - on quite a simple level anyway!

I'm not sure what my defence is! but thank you to everyone who has wished me luck with both my dissertation and my defence!!

Thanks, Tek

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.