Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Yes this tendency for schools to press criminal charges for minor infractions that can easily be remedied between the students and the school is insane.

Ooooh a food fight, let's give the students a criminal record. :rolleyes:

---

OK, now I get it.

I can see where throwing "school food" can be considered quite dangerous.

But that would mean admitting that the school food is just as deadly when it's eaten as it is when it's used externally.

Assault with a deadly fish stick...

attachment.php

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
Sun Baked: Assault with a deadly fish stick...

Hmph. Maybe some administrator had a large breadstick jammed into their, uh, ear (yeah, ear, that's it) and was angered by it.

Seriously, criminal charges for a food fight? What ever happened to Saturday detention, where the kids come in and clean up the school?

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
It's all part of the school's zero-intelligence, i mean tolerance, policy. It's all to keep them from getting sued by dip**** parents. Since schools are no longer allowed to discipline children, things can get out of control, and the only option left is to use the full force of the law. They're just protecting themselves. Quite sad.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
I get 2 days of detention of saying a Sarcastic thanks when a teacher slams (I think she knew) on my face.

"Are you Alright"
"No, you just slammed the door on my face"
"oh..."
"Yeah thanks~!"

I get 2 days... what the hell, almost broke my nose...

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Gee...

Years ago, I wrote a four-letter word with a pencil eraser on a black lab table -- you could only see it if the light shone at the proper angle.

The one who turned me in was a ...

being careful not to use a 4-letter word

... grl.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Yes this tendency for schools to press criminal charges for minor infractions that can easily be remedied between the students and the school is insane.

Well, I was protesting back in december and I went to a judge who gave me a restriction to leave the country by a minor ofence!!!!

About the US... that is the land of "freedom", you are free to press criminal charges to any one, including kids.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It's just the PC crowd going too far. They should try to come up with a solution within the school. I see no reason for this to be a criminal matter.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Geez, yeah this is getting out of hand really. Somehow I'm not surprised though. I've heard there are kids getting expelled for nail clippers, or kindergarten kids charged with sexual harassment for doing stuff we all used to do on the playground. Sucks.

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by mim
Well, my favorite part of the story is the image CNNNN's used. A take away salad-bar promo shot with some (badly done) photoshop motion blur?

How do I get onto their payroll?

I was going to comment on the same thing. Just awful. The friggen freshmen in my photoshop class can do better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.