Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markw10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I hope I'm not too off topic and apologize if I am. I actually am a Apple Business Agent and am currently designing a web site. Most of my business will be web/email based but like any business I also want to have a phone number. Since I work from home as well as frequently on the road I want to avoid using my home/mobile number as well as getting a second office phone.
My preference is to get some type of voicemail/answering service. I am talking about something where I can put the phone number on my business card and if people call they simply get my voicemail and can leave a message. I would check in frequently on a daily basis to retrieve voicemails so I can return calls. Does anyone have a good service like this that they suggest?

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
Google is your friend. Simple search for "virtual office" or "voicemail answering service" returned a lot of choices.
Now, depending on the price, you may be better off by getting another line via local telco or some VoIP provider (i.e. Vonage). If you go with VoIP you can use your computer to handle voicemail and answering.

Or go with the cheap prepaid mobile phone?

nightelf

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
You could also get Skype In.

"SkypeIn is a number that lets you receive calls from landline and mobile phones on Skype. It's a cheap and easy way for your family, friends and colleagues to call you at a local rate, no matter where you are."​

It cost 30 EUR ($40), and you can check your voicemails or answer the phone from anywhere with an Internet connection. You can also select the area code.

http://www.skype.com

m2miller

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
sound like an answering service?

how about getting the answering service that doesn't sound like an answering service? I suggest you get some service which can quickly greet every caller live, any time, day or night with high standards. :cool:

harshkk

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
Telephone Answering Service

Telephone Answering Service is best which can quickly greet every caller live, any time, day or night with high standards. It picks up a call and assist caller regarding their queries and in any other way that they can. Telephone Answering service peoples who are familiar with your business and able to answer many common customer related problems and issues. Once a call has been forwarded to a Telephone Answering service the representative will forward this massage to concern people. This feature definitely reduces or completely eliminates unwanted phone calls that before interrupt in your business meetings.

Many Business centres 24x7 Telephone Answering Service when an office is closed for holiday or after your normal working hours also. Their job is to answer the phone calls on behalf of your company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.