Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidwes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Has anyone heard anything about a new tropico game or a new railroad tycoon game?

Both last came out in 2003. Does anyone still play them? Do you think they have handled aging well? Amazon has them for 20 dollars each and I was thinking of purchasing them.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I picked up Tropico 2 yesterday from Frys, also for $20. Unfortunately, I can't get it to even start. :(

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
With regards to a new Railroad Tycoon game, Sid Meiers Railroads is supposedly Railroad Tycoon 4 (Sid developed Railroad Tycoon 1 you see), but it's not very good IMHO if you are a fan of Railroad Tycoon 2 (+CS) and 3, so I think that for the foreseable future there will be nothing. I still play Second Century and Railroad Tycoon 3, 3 especially I would have said has aged well, Have you got the addon pack for version 3? it added bugfixes and a host of new maps, and was free but I think it might have been PC only. The only other suggestion I have for prolonging your fun is to download community maps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.