Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Colorado
With most of my Mac games, I usually copy the Play Disc to my HD in the form of a .dmg file, so that I can mount it and play like there is a disk in my computer. When I mount the image, usually, the computer recognizes it as a disk.

But, when I tried to do this with SW Battlefront, upon mounting the disk image, it shows up as a standard disk image file, rather than a disk. Either something is encrypted in the actual disc, or OSX is having a problem recognizing it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can successfully copy this disk to my HD?

NickD

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I know this doesn't help much, but I've had the same problem.

My brother and I were trying to play together using one disc, but on windows. :)

We eventually had to have one of us start the game, THEN take the disc out and give it to the other. Useless info, I know.
But to just let you know you're not the only one. They may have something safeguard. :D

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
When Aspyr released Call of Duty 2 they started using disc copy protection, much like what is used on Windows. Basically, the games checks for something on the disc (sometimes physical errors) that is not copied to disc images. If the check fails, then the game will not load until the actual disc is inserted into you drive. What this all means now is there is not a legal way to make playable backups of games released by Aspyr Media. You are basically out of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.