Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
wow, 352 MB

i've got a quad G5 and I'll play around with the demo a bit. The screen shots look good.

D

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
*looks at computer*
*picks up baseball bat (Wait, how did that get here? I don't have one of those!!!)*
*gets ready to swing*
*thinks that slow computer is better than no computer*
*puts baseball bat through neighbour's window instead*
*cries*

I just so want to play Freespace 2 and this mod...
Pity I don't watch BSG anymore...

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
It's really fun, very true to the show, quite professional, and extremely free!

A bit of a learning curve, but there's a tutorial. Audio and visuals are great, and by editing the .ini file I got full native 1920x1200 widescreen support.

Also, some users have the menu freeze temporarily if the mouse touches the bottom edge. (Known bug.) If that happens, the workaround is to just click the very TOP portion of those bottom-edge buttons, and be careful not to stray lower. In-game is fine (although they are working on patching the mouse control to allow faster turning).

Start watching the show again--it's as good as ever :)

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Also, some users have the menu freeze temporarily if the mouse touches the bottom edge. (Known bug.) If that happens, the workaround is to just click the very TOP portion of those bottom-edge buttons, and be careful not to stray lower. In-game is fine (although they are working on patching the mouse control to allow faster turning).

I haven't tried the game yet - but could this be caused by the Dock?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Good thought--but my Dock is on the left. It's a known issue the developers are fixing, but luckily it doesn't seem to affect most people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.