Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hanzoh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Hey guys,

I recently bought the Mini-DVI to Video Adapter from an Apple Store and hooked my TV up to my MacBook.

The TV can do a max. resolution of 1024*768 while the MacBook does 1280*800.

But the moment I connect the cable, the internal display shows 1280*800, but not in 16:10, just 4:3 or something like that. I can't get the MacBook display to show it's full resolution when the TV is connected showing 1024*768.

I want to do the following: Leave the cable hooked on all the time and work with my MacBook normally, as if no TV was there. But at night, when I want to watch some videos, I just want to start FrontRow and have that displayed at the TV (the MacBook display can show that, too, that's not the problem). If I use the extension mode I always have the problem, that the mouse cursor disappears when I get near the left border of the screen and if I start FrontRow, the TV screen just gets black and the MacBook shows FrontRow.

So I want mirroring but at full resolution? Can't that be done?

DSCN0075.jpg

The bended view is due to the ****** camera, sorry :)

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
Turn off mirroring. Set osx to span the desktop over the two monitors and then drag the little white bar at the top of the little screen in display properties to the tv.

hanzoh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Turn off mirroring. Set osx to span the desktop over the two monitors and then drag the little white bar at the top of the little screen in display properties to the tv.

???

Then I have no MenuBar on my MacBook display AND I still have the "mouse cursor disappears" problem...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.