Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
maybe they're perfecting little nitpicks of the OS. you could take the silence as a positive, that Leo is just about ready to release into the wild :D

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
its been really quiet in Cupertino lately.......too quiet...oh look leopard! aw man it was just a new seed...darn!
false alarm everyone go home, nothing to see here, move along

kiang

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
it's the silence before the release ;) (which will be at may tenth ofc :p)

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
*shows off post count per day*

cough

Yeh that seems like a lot of issues for what really should be a pretty late build. They might all be really easy to fix though.

Bad news for eMac users though :D jk

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Why do they keep the best builds internal though? Or is it just that they can't be bothered to seed every build?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
This is my favourite bug

- Deleting a printer from the CUPS admin page at 127.0.0.1:631 will stop all apps from launching

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
The list of know problems seems fishy to me. Emacs crashes? Unless the compiler tools are buggy, how is that going to happen? Emacs has been around since the beginning of time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Apple is seeding builds that allow 3rd party apps to be tested, but have enough bugs that they aren't generally useful. So, when they are leaked for download, the aren't stable enough for everyday use. I guess we'll find out in the next month or two.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
The list of know problems seems fishy to me. Emacs crashes? Unless the compiler tools are buggy, how is that going to happen? Emacs has been around since the beginning of time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Apple is seeding builds that allow 3rd party apps to be tested, but have enough bugs that they aren't generally useful. So, when they are leaked for download, the aren't stable enough for everyday use. I guess we'll find out in the next month or two.

That exact thought came to mind when I read about the Mac Office Word/Excel save dialog not showing as it should.Tells me this build is being used by MS ABU with Mac Office..

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI

:eek: Those clever bastards!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

Interesting thoughts, seems plausible.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Leopard Build 9a410 Seeded

According to a thread in the InsanelyMac forum, Apple has seeded Mac OS X Leopard build 9a410. The build continues to present developers with a long list of known issues in areas such as installing, iChat, PhotoBooth, printing, QuickTime, third party applications, and graphics hardware (among more miscellaneous issues).

Apple notes 7 changes since build 9A377a, which was seeded in early March (details).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.