Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The Mac and PC Games forum is for discussions about computer-based games, primarily games for Macintoshes but games for other computers as well.

Games for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are covered in the iPhone and iPod touch Apps and iPad Apps forums.

For discussions about console games and handheld games for non-Apple devices, use the Console Games forum.

Game-related threads prior to April 2007 can be found in the archived Games forum, which covered both computer games and console games.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Quick Q from me.

Where do PC (i.e. Windows) games fit in all this, they're not really either are they?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Where do PC (i.e. Windows) games fit in all this, they're not really either are they?
I can expand on the answer. This forum is for "computer-based" games and games on Apple devices.

That includes:
  • Mac games
  • Mac OS X widget-based games
  • Windows games on PCs
  • Windows games on Macs (Boot Camp, etc.)
  • Games for Linux and other computer operating systems
  • Mac OS X technology for gaming
  • reminiscing about Apple ][ games, Apple Pippin, or early Mac games
  • speculation about Apple's future gaming plans
I suppose it also covers Easter-egg games hidden in Apple software, such as the one in System 7.5. You could type "secret about box" in SimpleText (the predecessor to TextEdit) and drag the text to the desktop to start a game of Breakout!

Vincent2128

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Is there anywhere specific a question about an online game/gaming platform (e.g. Facebook apps.) should go?
(with problems on a Mac)

TheUndertow

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2011
The iPad Apps forum would be best for questions about shopping for iPad games or specific iPad games.

I just typed out this long new thread and was going to link a Poll but...

What do you think about an iOS sub-forum under the other Game forum?

I'm thinking there would be suitable following and the direction we're headed (now with MMO...etc) it would make things cleaner all around and create a better community for iOS gamers.

I had my gaming laptop die on me (Asus G71G-Q) and fall out of warranty and the iPad (and now a 2) had done what I never thought possible...keep me content without a gaming laptop or PC for the last few months while I wait for the new iMac or next MBP.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The Site and Forum Feedback Forum is the best place to make suggestions about forum changes, so that other users can voice their opinions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.