Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rema

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
hey every ones i did do a search and found lots of info but i didnt find a specif answer to my issues, basically i recently built a website its online and working fine, i set up mail app and i can send emails from it fine but it never gets mail and has always said my mailbox is empty even thou i know its not, ive tried sending mail to myself and it says its sent but does not appear so i have to go through cpanel which is long process :(

any help, suggestions would be great

cheers rema

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
hey every ones i did do a search and found lots of info but i didnt find a specif answer to my issues, basically i recently built a website its online and working fine, i set up mail app and i can send emails from it fine but it never gets mail and has always said my mailbox is empty even thou i know its not, ive tried sending mail to myself and it says its sent but does not appear so i have to go through cpanel which is long process :(

any help, suggestions would be great

cheers rema
The first thing I'd check is your incoming server settings. Make sure the protocol, port, and other stuff is correct. If that looks okay, perhaps your service uses a custom port to get mail, which your ISP is blocking :(
Sometimes, there are ways around this, if that's the case. Other times, there's not much you can do. Check the documentation for your mail setup.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
For starters... are you trying to send mails to yourself from the outside from an external source like hotmail/gmail or are you just trying to send them to yourself from your own SMTP account?

rema

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
i managed to get it to work now thanks for you help, i was using the wrong user name theres a special just found in my cpanel mail info,

thanks again:) :) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.