Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattportner

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
The three that i have bought (at the airport etc.) are:

- MacWorld
- MacLife
- MacAddict

I really want to get a subscription to one of these...

but is there any other magazines?

and if not, which of these three should i subscribe to?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I can't name any other ones than those, but I prefer MacWorld of the three. It has a nice balance of topics in it, and I can usually use most of the information in there.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i think MacAddict is now Mac | Life no?

and i gave up on the mags since all the info was somewhat outdated by the time i got 'em, compared to MacRumors.

Legolamb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2006
North of where I'd like to be
MacAddict is now MacLife.
For some reason, I prefer the UK versions of Macworld to the US, even if it's more expensive for me here in Canada.
I don't subscribe, but pick them up if I see something really interesting.
And I used to read Dr. Dobb's for programming ideas.

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I subscribe to MacAddict/Life, but I'm not totally sold on the new format. It just seems too disjointed for me. MacUser is solid, if unspectacular (just my opinion).

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...all the mags are suffering a bit now as all the info is available online so much faster. MacWorld is probably still the most rounded of the ones out there and I still get it monthly (freebie)...I doubt I would actually pay retail price for it....oh yeah!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I've gotten all of those magazines before and I like MacWorld the best. I got a free subscription from the purchase of my MacBook Pro.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
I've heard iCreate is good.

:apple:

iCreate is great. I think it is the best one out there with great tutorials. The problem I have with Mac magazines is that nothing is ever new in them. I get all the news off the internet and some of the reviews are very much an opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.