Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:41 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple gets ready to renegotiate deals with record labels

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple gets ready to renegotiate deals with record labels
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:53 AM   #2
mantic
macrumors 6502a

lol a share of apple's portable media players.. I really doubt that will ever happpen. But who knows.
mantic is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Artful Dodger
macrumors 68020

I would hope it wouldn't end like that. If it somehow goes that way over time then I could see them trying to take a cut on anything that the record labels deem playable to music (car stereo, TVs, home stereos and so on).
Trying to get more from others (the buyer/companies that invent/use such items) that they (record labels) don't make or compete in producing is just like them to be greedy
Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:04 PM   #4
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

The extra 30 a song should make them pretty happy.
Eraserhead is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Gymnut
macrumors 68000

A cut of the sales of iPods? What's next, a cut of the sales of Apple computers since they too store and play the tracks purchased from the iTunes store.
Gymnut is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:32 PM   #6
flashy-cat
macrumors member

Please, not a subscription service
flashy-cat is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:40 PM   #7
johnee
macrumors 6502a

Location: well, i'm not from the UK, but people will like me more if I say I am.
From a different article:

Quote:
"EMI struck a deal that puts all of us at a disadvantage," said a music executive who spoke on condition of anonymity. He said EMI had agreed to let Apple sell its music without antipiracy protection to please shareholders concerned that the record company was behind in the digital music race.
Many people/groups say apple has the upper hand.
johnee is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion