Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Disclaimer stuff-
The background image is a placeholder that should have been updated a good few months ago. The orange spinny platforms are also placeholders. I totally forgot to put in the physics engine demonstration clips. Running has been slowed down and any vertical motion has been smoothed out too. :) Anyroad...

First proper trailer to my game! Shows off the first 30 minutes of gameplay, and an almost finalised engine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L-ZJailBDV4

Or you can be superawesome and get the H.264 QT version http://satansam.co.uk/vids/tormtrailer.mov << there!

I'm thinking a winter release with this. Depending on how awesome HL2:Ep 2 and Pokémon Pearl is.

dxm113

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2005
Amazing

Wow, the game looks stunning. Makes me almost wish I had a PC. . .

I love the look of the game - seems like it would be lot of fun to play, something that I haven't said about many games in a while. I love the open feel of the level(s) - reminds me of many hours spend roaming about in Supermetroid.

Seems like you have RPG elements incorporated into a side-scroller . . . If that's the case it's the first time I've seen that.

Very Interesting - hopefully you'll be well rewarded for your efforts.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Looks amazing, Jimmi, can't wait to try it :)

This one is done in C++ right? Mac version please? :D

Seems like you have RPG elements incorporated into a side-scroller . . . If that's the case it's the first time I've seen that.

Other than Super Paper Mario? ;)

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Everything including the music and graphics. I love these one man projects!

It's Windows only for now. Deadline for this is 4 weeks, I know it won't be finished entirely but it doesn't need to be. I might drop it after that depending on how busy my life gets. But it's a highly concept piece with scalable gameplay so I might restart the project depending on if I end up in the games industry after university.

Cheers for the comments all :)

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
wee update

I'll be demoing this at the Cube Gallery in Manchester on the 6-9th of June, if anyone's interested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.