Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Design Agent
macrumors newbie

Where is the password for Airport access??

Hi,

I have a very silly question...

I just bought a new computer and I want to connect to the internet through Airport but I can't find the password... My other computer is connected with no problem, but I don't know how/where I can retrieve the password! I went to "Open Internet Connect" but all I see is my wireless network name and the signal level bar. Does anyone know how?? Please help!

DA
Design Agent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Simon Liquid
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Simon Liquid
Assuming your other computer is a Mac, th WiFI password is stored on your Keychain. To retrieve it, open the application Keychain Access. It should be in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. Then search all the items you see for your network. In 10.4 at least it has a Searchlight box so you can just type in 'Airport' and it will show you the WiFi passwords it has stored. When you find the right item, double click it to open its info box then click the little check box that says 'Show Password.' It should ask you for your main password on that computer then show you the airport password.

Hope that works.
Simon Liquid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:33 AM   #3
Design Agent
macrumors newbie

OMG... thank you so much, I got it!! I never knew about Keychain!

DA
Design Agent is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X