Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
I am making a slideshow in iPhoto and I wish to put it to music.

1. I create a new album and drag the photos to it
2. I click on create slideshow button
3. I go through and pick my effect options
4. I click on the Music button and up pops a menu
5. I check play music during slideshow
6. I click on the 'right arrow' next to iTunes which pull down a new list of all my playlists

And this is where I am at a loss. All my playlists are there but now individual songs in the playlists. No right arrows next to the playlists to expand them and see the songs. Not even under the Library. If I choose a playlist and say ok, it picks the first song in the playlist.

What am I doing wrong?

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I am making a slideshow in iPhoto and I wish to put it to music.

1. I create a new album and drag the photos to it
2. I click on create slideshow button
3. I go through and pick my effect options
4. I click on the Music button and up pops a menu
5. I check play music during slideshow
6. I click on the 'right arrow' next to iTunes which pull down a new list of all my playlists

And this is where I am at a loss. All my playlists are there but now individual songs in the playlists. No right arrows next to the playlists to expand them and see the songs. Not even under the Library. If I choose a playlist and say ok, it picks the first song in the playlist.

What am I doing wrong?

You can either pick a song for it to play, or a playlist of songs, but you can't pick a single song from a playlist, you must pick it from your itunes library.

If you want only certain songs to play, but more then one of them, create a special playlist, and title it something like your slideshow, then select that playlist.

Hope that helps,
If Not, let me know what I'm missing on what you are wanting to do.

Brian

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
I do want to pick a single specific song.
I cant figure out how to do so as there are not songs listed in the menu that pops up when I click on the music icon.

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
Got it!

For some reason the vertical slider bar the seperates the playlists and songs was pegged at the bottom so I didnt see any songs. The only indication that they was even a slider bar is a very tiny blue dot. Very frustrating.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
Got it!

For some reason the vertical slider bar the seperates the playlists and songs was pegged at the bottom so I didnt see any songs. The only indication that they was even a slider bar is a very tiny blue dot. Very frustrating.

I imagine it was only a tiny dot, because you have quite a large collection of music.

Glad you got it,

Brian

thenfox

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
Got it!

You genius. This has been annoying me for months. I don't know how that separator got down there, moved it back up to where it should be and it's back to how it used to be. Thank you.

greggwith3g

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2008
how to play whole playlist

This posting was helpful to me too. However, I have a playlist containing 10 songs, each shortened to about the first 45 seconds in iTunes, and I want all 10 of those shortened songs to play in sequence as my slideshow music. Can I do this? I'm using iPhoto 5 and iTunes 7.6.2 on a Mac Mini with Tiger.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
This posting was helpful to me too. However, I have a playlist containing 10 songs, each shortened to about the first 45 seconds in iTunes, and I want all 10 of those shortened songs to play in sequence as my slideshow music. Can I do this? I'm using iPhoto 5 and iTunes 7.6.2 on a Mac Mini with Tiger.

Yes, in the same manner that i picked just one song. Just select the playlist instead.

If the songs are mixed into a playlist with other songs, just create a new playlist and put only the songs you want.

Best,

Brian

greggwith3g

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2008
resolved, but in a different way

Thanks Brian - my version of iPhoto takes a playlist and plays only the first song, but I think iPhoto 6 and onward does what you describe. My solution was to import the 10 songs into Garage Band and create a single, long song out of all of them (fading in and out from one to the next). Works like a charm!

vivcooper

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2009
Music with Slideshow

I cannot get the music to work in my iPhoto slideshow. When I click on "music" there is nothing listed, and when I do a search nothing comes up. How can I get to my iTunes Library to choose music for a slideshow?

Please help!

Thanks,
Viv

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.