Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkirlew

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Well I was having a blast using my MBP, until it slowing down quite a bit. I deleted a bunch of apps and it. It slows down to the point I could hardly use even the apple apps, safari or mail. I decided to reinstall the OS and I installed the first disc no problem. It then prompted me for the second disc.. I put in the second disc and it won't read. Tried it a few more times and nothing. Took it to the Apple Store. They tried booting the OS off another disc and off a hard drive and nothing. three people looked at it. One said the disc looked warped but it worked on their macss. After all three looked at it, they determined it could either be a logicboard problem, a super drive problem or a hard drive so I had it sent off for repairs. Well at least it cleaned up the Microsoft Office for Mac suite which I won't reinstall when I get my Mac back in a week. I'll go NeoOffice.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
Well I was having a blast using my MBP, until it slowing down quite a bit. I deleted a bunch of apps and it. It slows down to the point I could hardly use even the apple apps, safari or mail. I decided to reinstall the OS and I installed the first disc no problem. It then prompted me for the second disc.. I put in the second disc and it won't read. Tried it a few more times and nothing. Took it to the Apple Store. They tried booting the OS off another disc and off a hard drive and nothing. three people looked at it. One said the disc looked warped but it worked on their macss. After all three looked at it, they determined it could either be a logicboard problem, a super drive problem or a hard drive so I had it sent off for repairs. Well at least it cleaned up the Microsoft Office for Mac suite which I won't reinstall when I get my Mac back in a week. I'll go NeoOffice.

Bad luck. Hope all is resolved.

dkirlew

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah I do hope it gets resolved. I'll find out in a week when I get it back if its any better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.