Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hi, I have a very specific idea of an automator project I would like to do. I have a folder of thousands of quicktime audio recordings all in the ".mov" format (they were recorded using qt pro).

I would like to burn these short audio files to an audio CD in the sequential order they are in.

I am wondering how I could go about making an automator project that would convert them to the format needed to burn to an audio CD, then burn them in sequential order, so that the computer simply prompts me to place another blank disc in the computer when one has become full.

I know this is a tall order and thus a longshot that anyone knows how to do this if it is even possible, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

EDIT: I just checked the size of the folder and it is 21.6 GB, so that may be a factor as if it has to convert it to AIFF before burning, I'm not sure my computer would have the space.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
If you drag and drop one of those files into iTunes, can iTunes play it? If so, you might be able to burn it to a CD through iTunes.

Make sure you set the preferences so that iTunes does "not copy files when added to Library". Then, create a playlist and and then drag and drop them onto that playlist. On the bottom you'll see the total duration, if it is 1.2 hours it will fir onto one CD. If it is more than that, then iTunes will start sking for more blank CDs as soon as it fills one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.