Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Macworld.co.uk reports on comments made by Apple's vice president for Europe, Pascal Cagni this week:

Cagni also confirmed that Apple will launch its iPhone in Europe in the fourth quarter of this year, and confirmed plans to open an Apple retail store in Paris, France at some point.

Last reports on a European launch of iTunes movies had targeted Spring 2007.

ilikeiBook

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
What about Canada? It tooks a while just to get the iTunes store.

And Vancouver still doesn't have a retail store ...

Hertog

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2005
Confusing article

The article sounds a bit strange. In the title it says iTunes Movies are coming to Europe, but neither the article nor the quoted text refer to it at all. Perhaps it would be better when the quoted text includes the iTunes Movies statement, or if the opening sentence would say something like this:

'Macworld.co.uk reports that iTunes Movies are coming to Europe near the end of the year. This was said this week by Apple's vice president for Europe, Pascal Cagni, who made some other comments worth mentioning:

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Hopefully Apple will have negotiated some TV shows to be added to the iTunes Store at the same time. I'd be a regular customer.

However, I can only imagine me downloading films from the iTunes Store if it's through a subscription model.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
"He revealed that Apple aims to have around 70 sales outlets within larger retail stores open across Europe by the end of the year."

Ooooh! One in Ireland please.

Shades of Blue

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2007
I don't think Apple even knows that we - people who use macs in the Middle Eastern region - exist.

We REALLY want more, but support is REALLY poor.

Many features mac users around the world enjoy & we don't.

Support is not good even in Dubai.

I hope you don't think that i'm whining, i'm just trying to explain the problem that i'm suffering from.

*Praying for :apple: to takeover Microsoft*

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
I don't think Apple even knows that we - people who use macs in the Middle Eastern region - exist.

We REALLY want more, but support is REALLY poor.

Many features mac users around the world enjoy & we don't.

Support is not good even in Dubai.

I hope you don't think that i'm whining, i'm just trying to explain the problem that i'm suffering from.

*Praying for :apple: to takeover Microsoft*

Just sending out a "Hi" to another mid east Mac user. Probably pretty close to you actually, I'm in Hafr Al Batin just over the border from you in Saudi.

Oh, and I agree, Mac and the Middle East, currently don't go together.

Shades of Blue

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2007
Just sending out a "Hi" to another mid east Mac user. Probably pretty close to you actually, I'm in Hafr Al Batin just over the border from you in Saudi.

Oh, and I agree, Mac and the Middle East, currently don't go together.

I'm thinking of a *BIG* protest. :p

slaguru

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2005
I presume you mean films. :rolleyes:

By the way, the linked page does say films are coming to iTunes Europe. :D

I'm getting the feeling that Apple are missing the boat on a few things. Not that it can be helped, coz Apple really don't have the support infrastructure.

iPhone - At least 5-6 months late (no 3G at the mo as well, massive price, no outlook support).

iTunes - no movies, no TV.

AppleTV - as above, pointless device outside the states.

I'm slowly becoming less and less a fan boy. The iPhone release will not help as I'm going to get 6 months of articles from the states telling me how great the iPhone is.

discodave

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2007
iPhone - At least 5-6 months late (no 3G at the mo as well, massive price, no outlook support).

iTunes - no movies, no TV.

AppleTV - as above, pointless device outside the states.

I'm slowly becoming less and less a fan boy.

Don't know about you, but the last time I checked, I was a Mac fan because of Macs. No amount of delayed gadgets is going to affect that one bit.

Sure, I love my iPod, and I love the iPhone and its disappointing how long some things are taking, but it doesn't make me like my Macs any less.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Sorry Apple, you were replaced by Mac the Ripper and Mediafork. If not for the long delay I likely would have rebought a few films. Then I found the above 2 programs :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.