Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 29, 2007, 01:16 AM   #1
hotbelgo
macrumors newbie

Mail slow with (AOL) IMAP

Hi,
Mail was very good at setting itself up for an AOL (AIM) email service using the IMAP hooks, but it runs very slowly to look over emails. I've set it up to work offline but the activity monitor still shows lots of syncing every time I select an email to view.

I don't have this problem with thunderbird on my Linux box, so I wondered if there were any tips

HB
hotbelgo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 01:37 AM   #2
devilot
Moderator emeritus

I'm not too sure, but see if the tip described here might help at all.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 09:16 AM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbelgo View Post

I don't have this problem with thunderbird on my Linux box, so I wondered if there were any tips

HB
I don't have a problem with AOL. IIRC, you are the first to report this problem. Perhaps, there is something unique in how you configured your access to AOL's mail servers.
MisterMe is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:45 AM   #4
rksprst
macrumors member

if you using IMAP, it might simply be that your inbox is really big and syncing it with the server takes a while.
rksprst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 06:22 AM   #5
hotbelgo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMe View Post
I don't have a problem with AOL. IIRC, you are the first to report this problem. Perhaps, there is something unique in how you configured your access to AOL's mail servers.
I tried the tip for the SQL database but I didn't really have this problem as everything is newly setup. What I see in the activity monitor is that tasks sit there for quite a while before being executed. Maybe that would always be the case and the problem is that mail.app too frequently checks against the servers rather than using the offline version which it has saved?
hotbelgo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store