Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 1, 2007, 08:14 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

V20 Notebook Speakers from Logitech

Category: Reviews
Link: V20 Notebook Speakers from Logitech
Description:: The V20 Notebook Speakers from Logitech offer just about the best sound youíre likely to find at this size and price point, especially in USB-Powered speakers. I am currently using them as a replacement for the desktop speakers on my Mac Pro, the sound is that good.

However, I think with a bit more attention to the Mac market in mind when designing the V20ís Logitech would have a runaway hit withe these travel speakers. If all the speakerís multi-media features were supported on the latest Intel Macs, these would be easier to recommend. Still, their above average sound quality, compact size, nice styling, and lack of the need for an extra power outlet earn them a respectable 7.5 out of 10 rating.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 09:23 AM   #2
sord
macrumors 6502

Um, what speakers have any communication abilities to the computer they are plugged into? Every set of speakers I've bought was just volume and bass/treble control, so why is this review all upset that you can't control iTunes or anything with them? THEY ARE SPEAKERS! Plus, with the MacBook don't you get a remote?
sord is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 09:30 AM   #3
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

USB speakers can communicate bidirectionally via USB with the computer. The control buttons on the speakers are there for that very purpose. It's not like they're complaining that the mfr didn't include some feature. They're complaining that the feature is there and doesn't appear to work on Macs as of yet.
Old May 1, 2007, 09:31 AM   #4
BOOMBA
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sord View Post
Um, what speakers have any communication abilities to the computer they are plugged into? Every set of speakers I've bought was just volume and bass/treble control, so why is this review all upset that you can't control iTunes or anything with them? THEY ARE SPEAKERS! Plus, with the MacBook don't you get a remote?
The speakers have play/pause/skip/ etc buttons on them. Seem to only work on Windows PC apps, not iTunes or DVD player on the Mac.
Old May 1, 2007, 03:03 PM   #5
sord
macrumors 6502

Ah - thanks for the clarification - I'm just used to speakers that connect via mini-RCA.
sord is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion