Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 1, 2007, 08:23 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

No wonder Apple appeals to the ‘Mellinials’ generation

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: No wonder Apple appeals to the ‘Mellinials’ generation
Description:: It’s no wonder that Apple is doing so well. In marked contrast to other generations, young Americans ages 18 to 29 are driven by the influence of good design on major life decisions.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 08:59 AM   #2
gkarris
macrumors 604

I'm an 80's kid and I feel the same way...
Old May 1, 2007, 09:53 AM   #3
zombitronic
macrumors 65816

Good design...is good. Insightful.
zombitronic is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 10:17 AM   #4
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
I fit this demographic 100%
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 10:22 AM   #5
Clive At Five
macrumors 65816

"mellinials"

^It took me the longest time to figure out what they were talking about.

Even the correct label, "Millenials" doesn't make complete sense. The time span doesn't contain anyone born within 10 years of the new millenium.

Either way, I thought we "echo-boomers" were already labeled "Generation Y."

*shrugs*

-Clive
Clive At Five is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 11:43 AM   #6
mduser63
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to mduser63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post
"mellinials"
Even the correct label, "Millenials" doesn't make complete sense. The time span doesn't contain anyone born within 10 years of the new millenium.

Either way, I thought we "echo-boomers" were already labeled "Generation Y."
Yeah, I've always thought that Generation Y was the common term. Millennials would seem to me to refer to people born at or near the turn of the millennium, say people born between 1995 and 2005 or so.
mduser63 is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 12:12 PM   #7
aranhamo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduser63 View Post
Yeah, I've always thought that Generation Y was the common term. Millennials would seem to me to refer to people born at or near the turn of the millennium, say people born between 1995 and 2005 or so.
According to Wikipedia, Howe and Strauss, the guys who get the credit for naming all the different generations, use the term "Millennials" because Generation Yers made the term up themselves and prefer it because they don't want to be associated with Generation Xers. They put Generation Y/Millennials as people born in the 18 years from 1982-2000, so that Generation Y/Millennials would begin with the graduating class of 2000.

Apparently I'm in Generation X, whatever that means. I guess I'm supposed to be apathetic and a slacker...

Last edited by aranhamo; May 1, 2007 at 12:41 PM.
aranhamo is offline   0
Old May 1, 2007, 01:56 PM   #8
bketchum
macrumors regular

I looked it up...

Millennials (sometimes spelt mellinials) is the name of a unique flowering animal group whose young are born in an immature state that require constant care. Females usually carry and nurse their young in pouches on their abdomens. The newborn attaches itself to its mother and remains until it reaches youth. A youth millennial will then detach entirely from its mother and connect to the closest network port. It will remain attached to a network for the remainder of its life. Millennials have adapted to use wireless connections to increase mobility, assist feeding, bathe, and improve mating chances. They live in forests, plains, deserts, and large and small city centers. They are found on all continents and most neighboring islands. Millennials live for many years and can survive winter and drought. To preserve energy, they stop growing during Apple product drought periods, but flower annually in or around MacWorld and WWDC. Millennials have a peak bloom season that lasts from one to three software updates.
bketchum is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion