Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
Originally posted by Xceptional_Haz
My point is.... Should I buy it or not? I think it's a bad deal.

thats a horrible horrible price, $600 would seem about right, expessilt considerinh new one with over 2x the specs is only 400 more. if it was the last revision of the quicksilver not MDD i could thatprice for it...

Edit checked http://www.macofalltrades.com and they list that SAME computer(except with 20 gig HD for $599. so yea thats a bad deel, i think other places sell for even less.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
My point is.... Should I buy it or not? I think it's a bad deal.
I think the person should donate it to a school instead of trying to screw somoene.

My apologies if I offended anyone.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
horrible, horrible deal. Truly awful. It's probably worth about half that. Personally, I wouldn't even pay that, but about $600 is probably fair.

Xceptional_Haz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
I e-mailed the person with a link to this thread. Maybe that'll convince the lady that it is a horrible price. (Not that I was going to buy it anyway):D

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
I e-mailed the person with a link to this thread. Maybe that'll convince the lady that it is a horrible price. (Not that I was going to buy it anyway):D

Well I don't think that's a great idea.
If some1 wants to try and sell it at $1100 it's their problem. Not yours.
If you don't want it, then move along.
Linking them to this thread is rather childish.

loveshismac

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2001
Dallas
i have a 400 Mhz, G4 gig of ram, 12 gig HD, and a 3 port firewire pci car. (port2 on motherboard was broken) with a 17" Apple monitor that i would sell ya for 650.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.