Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
What do you guys think about the possibility of a new display/display line to accompany the new G5 Powermac? After seeing the student project which I'm sure most of us have, I'm drooling for something like that. Just curious as to what the rest of you think. Thanks for your thoughts in advance!:D

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I don't think that it is going to happen. I think the displays are great as they are. The introduction of the 970 isn't going to change anything. ;)

If new displays are coming, something has to be better and making them bigger scares the :eek: out of me. Let's hope for some price drops.

P-Worm

zer0army

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Toronto
If they aren’t redesigned I hope at least the LCD panel used in the 23’’ is updated to the same if not better quality then the 20’’. I would like to see the 23’’ with:

Brightness
230 cd/m2 ( or better)

response time same as 20’’ or better

and a true black like the 20’’ and not just a dark blue

Months ago I read rumors (I think from this site) that the panel used in the 23’’ manufactured by LG/Philups (correct me if I’m wrong) was going to be discontinued and an updated version of the wide 23’’ was going to replace it, same dimensions and price just better specs. This was going to be just a quiet update to the display with no change to the case. Can anyone confirm if this has happened or know when we might see this happen ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.