Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YTSEMAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006

Hi ...

Can someone please tell me is it possible to change a
QuickTime movie from horizontal format to vertical, and
if so, how do I go about doing it?

Many thanks in anticipation of your very valued assistance.

Best,

JMcE.

magicjames92

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2007
I am POST SAVER! Saving old posts from dieng without an answer....

The only way is to use a movie editor. Or flip your monitor. Literally. Physically.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Actually I believe this can be done with QuickTime Pro, it's a $29 upgrade for Mac or PC, but it's well worth it. :)

See the attachment below which shows you some options you can do to the video such as rotating or flipping the video.

Attachments

• qt-properties.png
    qt-properties.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 218

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Also, a free option is using VLC (Video Lan Client) which is a free cross-platform video player that will play most formats. If you go to the "Window" menu and select "Extended Controls" you will get a panel with some video and audio options.

Under the Video filters tab I checked Transformation to see what would happen, and to my surprise it tilted the image counter-clickwise. Now I don't know what else you can do, for example if you can direct it which way to turn or tilt, but that's definitely something to play around with. Also under the Video menu there are other commands dealing with aspect-ratios and post-processing. :)

Attachments

• VLC_transform.jpg
    VLC_transform.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.