Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I don’t play much computer games, so I will get a Mac. But I did play Star Wars Galaxies and now have my friends told me they play again and they want me to play with them.
So to my question, I know you can use bootcamp to install Windows but anyone know if you can use crossover or vmware to play SWG?

murfle

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
I don’t play much computer games, so I will get a Mac. But I did play Star Wars Galaxies and now have my friends told me they play again and they want me to play with them.
So to my question, I know you can use bootcamp to install Windows but anyone know if you can use crossover or vmware to play SWG?

I haven't tried it myself, but I would say VMWare would be your best bet at trying... I wouldn't count on it though... VMWare's 3D is still in the early stages, and SWG runs like a beast on native Windows machines as it is... That's just my two cents though, I haven't any experience with VMWare Fusion as of yet...

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Okay, and thanks.
I will try that when I get my Mac. But if anyone know or can try, please tell me if it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.