Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
As stated in the topic.. where can i find it?
Im new to mac os..

Network Utility (/Application/Utilities), Info, Network Interface (en1), and on the bottom, it'll say (802.11 a/b/g) or (802.11 a/b/g/n)

Macbook with Core Duo will for sure not have 802.11n, Macbook with Core 2 Duo purchased before the enabler come out, will show the a/b/g until you buy the enabler. Macbook purchased after enabler come out should display the a/b/g/n

zeedee-h

macrumors member
May 2, 2007
aus
In your apps folder there should be another folder called utilities, in there is a program called network utility.

start that, then change the drop down menu that says "network interface (en0) to (en1). In that screen down the bottom of the window there will be some text that says something like (802.11 a/b/g/n)

If this says (802.11 a/b/g/) then you dont have 802.11n

o ones bearbo you beat me while i was typing :p

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 95

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Thanks for both of you guys, the first one gives me much detail on which models has 802.11n, and second one gives me a very clear instruction to get to it. :)
how do you take screenshot in mac??

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Thanks for both of you guys, the first one gives me much detail on which models has 802.11n, and second one gives me a very clear instruction to get to it. :)
how do you take screenshot in mac??

Take a picture of the whole screen
?-Shift-3

Take a picture of part of the screen
?-Shift-4, then drag to select the area you want in the picture.

To cancel, press Escape.

Take a picture of a window, a menu, the menu bar, or the Dock.
Press ?-Shift-4, then press the Space bar. Move the pointer over the area you want so that it's highlighted, then click.

To drag to select the area instead, press the Space bar again. To cancel, press Escape.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 109
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.