Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tagada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2002
Kosice - Slovakia
So now we all know that Macbidouille posts abour the 970 specs and performances were right.

Some on this board were quite insulting toward them (actually just because this is a French site)

It's time to write here your excuses and applauses...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
That's the site that was jumping up and down screaming that...
MacBidouille claims that the first 970 PowerPC machines are assembled, stacked and ready to be shipped to resellers. According to the article, the boxes are also sealed with a tamper proof seal with warnings not to open before June 23rd
I have no excuse for my behavior in not really putting too much faith in some of MacB's claims. I know it's rather shameful.

Boy oh boy, you don't even want to know what I though of the chances of the PPC 970 making it into the PowerBook first. :eek:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Macbidouille was right - Excuses please!

Originally posted by Tagada
So now we all know that Macbidouille posts abour the 970 specs and performances were right.

Some on this board were quite insulting toward them (actually just because this is a French site)

It's time to write here your excuses and applauses...

Actually, MacBidouille wasn't 100% right. I'll cover it in the roundup, but...

they claimed there were built PowerMacs back in May. That's clearly not true.

that being said, they do get some credit - as a fair amount of their info was accurate... but not all of it.

arn

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
well the machines are ready now and were released when they said they would be, i'd say those are the two most important aspects and they covered them

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
well the machines are ready now and were released when they said they would be, i'd say those are the two most important aspects and they covered them

ready now? by that you mean ready to be previewed right?...no shipping till august...

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
MacBidouille was right about things that could have been guessed, and were completely wrong about 970's being in production, being this, being that. I'd say 50% of what they said was true, and 50% of what they said was wrong. I think many of us could have at least guessed on the speed of the processors that would be released, although nobody actually got the specs right, not MacB or anyone else.

daveg5

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2001
there benchmarks were right on
it is entirely possible they were right about production and apple simply still has work to do on 10.2.7 and to sell out the g4 1.25.
they were also right with the mdd. and preview 1.6-1.8-2.0 units.
admit it they no whaat they are talking about.

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
Where the air is crisp
well, maybe they already started producing them and there will actually be more than a couple dozen boxes ready when they are supposed to ship in august (hey, it is coming up).

We don't want to have a '17"PB experience' again, do we ?

My guess is the demand 'might' be high for this one :p

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
They were wrong about production. They aren't in production that are about to enter production. If they had access to a unit it was a prototype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.